Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bear Lake Baby

So last week we went to Bear Lake for a little vacation. We went and stayed in a one bedroom condo. The bedroom had a king size bed and in the living room there was a pull out bed. Outside of the living room was the outdoor pool. I was really worried about letting Brayden stay in the living room and him taking it upon himself to go out and swim (one of my biggest fears is drowning). Brayden ended up staying in the bedroom with Ryan, myself and Jase. The first night that we were there I quickly realized, with the symphony of snoring, that this was not going to work. So mommy went out into the living room. Awe quiet. We went to the beach each day and one day we rented a boat. On one of the days we went to a beach and there was a sign that read "Keep on the road or you will get stuck." It then pointed forwards to two different roads our choices were the gravel road or the beach road, which was just the beach. Ryan decided to go on the gravel road. This was the wrong choice. We got ourselves unstuck and then Ryan decided he should keep going. Wrong choice. We got stuck again. Oh my goodness. I would push on the gas and when I would stop the tires would keep going. We were completely high centered. Ryan went up to a boat rental place and they got a tractor and pulled us out. They said, "normally we charge $40, but I will just charge you $20." Little robbers. I think they made two roads just so that they could make money. But we got out and enjoyed a day at the beach.



Jase and daddy.

All the boys relaxing.

Swimming in the pool

Building sand castles



Brayden the plumber.




Brayden working on his head sandcastle.

Okay he didn't make it, but it was awesome.

Brayden walking like big foot.





Brayden thinking he is hot stuff driving the boat



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bear Lake is my happy place. We go every year...my aunt got stuck in the sand this year too. Water was really high. So beautiful there!!!

Kate said...

Sounds fun, except the getting in the water part.
You guys are so cute!

Anna said...

I agree - the two roads totally sounds like a way to make a buck. You should have told them off. I would have liked to see it.

Miranda said...

Maybe you should have taken it upon yourself to update the sign - stay on beach or you will get stuck. Getting out requires a $40 towing fee.